Design~A~Cake

Design~A~Cake
Design-A-Cake ~ Owner - Alysia Reisman ~ ****Phone 205.936.8373**** Email: designacakeinc@gmail.com****Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Design.A.Cake.Springville**** Please contact me to set-up your next party by calling, emailing or messaging me on facebook!

Monday, January 30, 2012

The BIG "4-0"... Cookie style!

Ok, so it really wasn't a cake party but my daughter and I decided to play around and try something new for my birthday! As you can imagine, I get a little tired of the same old cake by the time my birthday rolls around. Something about having lots of cake through the holidays and doing them for parties makes me crave some variety! So, we decided to make a cookie cake. We actually made it "healthy" if that is even possible with Whole Wheat flour and Dark Chocolate Chips! It was actually pretty good and we were all surprised! So, we made the cookie cake, some white buttercream frosting and Chocolate buttercream frosting. My daughter decided to make a flower. However, she went a little crazy with the icing so it isn't easy to make it all out! She even added the little "40" just so that I didn't forget! Great, thanks... right? Then, I thought we were all done and she found some heart sprinkles and added those after I took the pictures. So, you'll just need to use your imagination with those! Here are a few pictures to see what we came out with:




Yes, she went crazy with the white icing but those are petals and a stem at the bottom. The center has the "40" upside down. Also, the "40" next to the stem on the left. Luckily, it doesn't jump out at me! Just kind of blends in nicely!




This is an up-close shot that my daughter took. I think she got a little icing on the lens and that is why it looks cloudy! She begged me for about 5 days (literally) to do this so I hope you enjoy reading about our experience. Maybe this will be something we try later on! I'll keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment