Design~A~Cake

Design~A~Cake
Design-A-Cake ~ Owner - Alysia Reisman ~ ****Phone 205.936.8373**** Email: designacakeinc@gmail.com****Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Design.A.Cake.Springville**** Please contact me to set-up your next party by calling, emailing or messaging me on facebook!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Way To Party..... for children that is!!

I came up with this idea after my youngest daughter's first birthday party. I had made a small smash cake for her and made the usual bigger cake for everyone else. The oldest daughter feeling a little left out wanted me to make a small cake just for her so I said sure... pick your battles, of course! I ran out of time to decorate hers so I let her do her own. She was so excited to use the piping bag and do all the decorating herself. She also had pom poms and pipe cleaners to help out. It looked like a crazy spider when she was done but she was so proud of it! Several months later this project came into fruition. Here are some of the pictures of the first test party held last fall. We had no idea what would happen. For all we knew cake and icing would be flying but the results were amazing.



Here we are getting the cakes to the table for each child!



Demonstrating the way to use the fondant to make characters or whatever you want!




Getting ready to use the piping bags!






  Put a little (or a lot) of candy on it and here are the creations!!




See, even fun for the boys as well as the girls!






I think I see a bit of cake decorating in her future!!






 Don't they look awesome!!






They actually managed to stay in their chairs for a full hour and didn't move! Just above, he is about 3 1/2 yrs old!




Owner, Alysia Reisman and Assistant Leigh Travis